Affordable BMR Housing
General Property Information
- 11 BMR Units
- 539 39th Street, Oakland CA 94609
General Below Market Rate (BMR) Information
- Rent Limits
- Studio units $1408
- 1-bedroom units $1508
- 2-bedroom units $1810
*Rents listed do not include utility allowance
- Parking: $250/month
- Resident Responsible for PG&E.
- Water/Sewer/Trash paid by Owner.
- Income Limits
- Low Income: 80% of median income
- One Person: $62,750
- Two Person: $71,700
- Three Person: $80,650
- Four Person: $89,600
- Five Person: $96,800
- How To Apply:
- Pick up/drop off completed applications at: MacArthur Commons Temporary Leasing Office (entrance for the leasing office is located at 39th and Telegraph). Application must either be submitted in person or mailed with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: MacArthur Commons, 539 39th St., Oakland, CA 94609
- Mailed applications must be postmarked no later than deadline at 5:00PM on December 14th, 2018
- Important Dates:
- Application submittals start November 15th at 9:00am.
- Application deadline is December 14th at 5:00pm.
- Information Session
- Address: Oakland Main Library, 125 14th St., Oakland, CA 94612
- Date: Monday, November 26th 2018
- Time: 11:30AM – 12:30PM
- Open Houses reserved times for Below Market Rate Program: There will be two open houses if you would like to come and see the community before applying.
Please Note Holiday Schedule: Closed on Thanksgiving 11/22 & Friday after Thanksgiving 11/23.
Saturday, December 1st 12pm-2pm
Thursday, December 6th 5pm-7pm
- Lottery Venue – West Oakland Library, 1801 Adeline St., Oakland, CA 94607
Date: January 3rd 2019
General Lottery Procedures
- An electronic lottery will be conducted placing each applicant household in waitlist order on January 3, 2019
- The lottery results and next steps are posted below
- We will contact the first 20 applicants to begin processing files
- We will go in order and unit preference is based on ranking order
- Once units are filled, the list will then be used as waiting list for any open units in the future
The lottery results will not be posted until after January 3rd, 2019. Lottery applications will be processed in rank order starting with rank 1 – 20. A post lottery letter will be sent out to the applicants that are being processed and given one week (five business days) from the date on the letter to return the needed paperwork to the property – see below. An appointment will then be setup to review the paperwork and gather all other needed documentation. Please note that this process generally takes between two and six weeks to be completed and all files are reviewed and approved/denied by an internal compliance department to ensure full compliance with the affordable housing requirements of the project. If additional paperwork is needed from the applicant, they will be given two business days from the request date to provide the documentation to the property. Once the file is complete, either an approval or denial letter will be sent to the provided address. The lottery list will be worked in rank order until all units have been filled. The remaining applicants will be transferred in current order to the waiting list for future vacancies. Both the lottery and waiting list are closed until the waiting list has been exhausted.
- Income verification
- All gross potential income must be reported and documented
- Employment / Earned Income
- Other income: Social Security, Workers Compensation, gift income, etc.
- Asset verification
- Checking accounts
- Savings accounts
- Retirement accounts, etc.
- Income Taxes
- Most recent Federal Income Tax Returns
- W-2s and all Schedules, if applicable
BMR Specialist Department – Contact Information
- Office: 510.258.3102
- Email: MacArthurCommonsBMR@greystar.com
Units will be monitored for compliances with applicable income requirements and are subject to other restrictions.